Not sure if the vegetables in your grocery store are organic? Easiest Vegetables to Grow in Garden Unfortunately, the term “organic” is used for so many things that it is becoming increasingly difficult to determine what is organic and what is not. But having the convenience of growing vegetables in your home vegetable garden can be a perfect solution if you don’t want to have vegetables on the surface.
But before you dismiss that idea, read this article to find out which vegetables are easy to grow at home and how you can grow them by following simple tricks. Before you know it, you’ll have a little garden filling your plate with healthy food. Of course it requires patience in some greenhouses, trees, plants and potting soil.
10 Easy to Grow Vegetables to Grow in Pots
Creating a kitchen garden or growing vegetables at home can be challenging, especially if you are a beginner. This is where being familiar with easy to grow vegetables and seeds can be very helpful. Also, plants grown from seeds are more successful, offering many different and affordable varieties. Here is a list of the easiest vegetables to grow in the garden:
Cucumbers are another easy-to-grow vegetable for first-time gardeners, especially in the summer. It is a creeping vine with a soft and smooth texture. Since cucumbers are a low-maintenance Easiest Vegetables to Grow in Garden variety, many gardeners cho,ose this plant, which is rich in potassium and vitamin K. Here are the simple steps you can follow to grow cucumbers at home:
- Make sure the cucumber seeds are soaked overnight before sowing. Then, take a portion of soil, compost, perlite and crown to make a good mix.
- To sow cucumber seeds, use your finger to make a 5 mm indentation into the soil.
- Be careful not to cover the seed with loose soil and water slowly. Remember to keep the soil moist at all times.
- The fruit should be planted in a large pot when at least four good leaves appear when the fruit is ripe.
- During the day, expose the plant to direct sunlight for 6-8 hours.
- You can use hand pollination to ensure the harvest. Once done, you can bring the fruit.
Although radishes can be grown year-round, they are best when planted directly in the ground in winter. A cool climate with full sunlight is ideal for growing radishes. Radish is a vegetarian ingredient in Indian cuisine. Here’s how to grow radishes at home:
- Mix coconut flour with rich home compost and red, well-draining soil. To sow the seeds, make 0.5 inch indentations in the soil one inch apart.
- After the fruit is gone, you can transplant the plant between two and four inches, which takes about a week.
- Ideally, if you want to grow indoor radishes, use a 20 gallon pot.
- After about a week, you can add compost and plant water regularly.
- You can harvest radishes within a month and use them in your dishes.
Green beans are one of the best vegetables for vertical gardens because they grow tall and require little space to grow. March or April is the best time for planting greens. Because beans fix nitrogen as they go, they can grow even in poor soil. All bean plants do well in warm water, because they grow quickly. Here’s how to properly plant:
- You can plant two-inch bush beans in different locations, 18 inches apart and one inch deep.
- If you want to plant seeds, plant them around the column and place them in about eight centimeters.
- You can install a trellis, stakes or other supports to avoid disturbing the plant’s strong roots.
It can grow in a variety of temperatures and is hardy and highly nutritious. Kale buds and flowers are edible and can be harvested in several stages. It is a relative of mustard and cabbage. Kale can be grown until very hot, and can be planted from early spring to summer Easiest Vegetables to Grow in Garden.
Chili is one of the best vegetables to have in the home garden because it is easy to grow and is an important ingredient in many dishes. The best time to sow chili seeds indoors is between January and February. The longest growing season is important for the best varieties. Here’s how to grow chili peppers in your garden:
- Use equal parts compost, perlite and coco coir.
- Use a small bag to add the mixture while soaking it in a lot of water overnight.
- While gently pressing the chili seeds, cover the soft soil with compost or hay. Water the seedlings daily so they can grow into small shoots.
- Transplant each seedling into a large pot at least 20 inches tall only when the leaves appear. Then water the flower every day. However, after flowering, reduce the frequency of watering.
Tomatoes are a perfect example of a vegetable that is easy to grow at home for beginners and is a staple in many kitchens. This is a summer vegetable that is grown as a tropical herb. Therefore, the period from March to June is the perfect time for sowing seeds indoors. However, if you want to Easiest Vegetables to Grow in Garden delicious vegetables in pots, here’s what to do:
- When making flower mix, mix sand, red earth, compost, cocopeat and neem cake in the ratio of 30:20:20:10.
- Place the tomato plants individually when planting them in the potting mix.
- Create the effect of a semi-greenhouse by covering the seeds with hay or dried leaves. Then, keep watering the roots until you see shoots.
- You can transplant the seed into a large pot when four rows of true leaves appear from the seed.
- When the trees are turned, save the tree and the tree in all four corners. Make sure you add compost once a week while the tomatoes are growing.
- Spray neem oil dissolved in the dish every 15 days, because tomato plants are not easily attacked by leaf miners and mealybugs.
Eggplant is one of the plants that can be grown indoors that does not tolerate frost and is suitable for hot weather. Spring is the best time to plant eggplants, which grow only in hot soil. Here are the steps to follow to grow brinjal in your garden:
- Before planting brinjal seeds in well-draining soil, soak them overnight.
- Use 30 percent potting soil, 20 percent coir, 20 percent compost, 20 percent sand, and 10 percent neem cake powder to make your flower mix.
- Transplant the plants into new potting mix once they are 5-6 inches tall. Adjust the amount of water given daily as the plant begins to grow.
- To stimulate pollination, gather the flowers together and dry them gently. You can also add a little compost to the plant once a week to feed it.
Lettuce is well-known as one of the fastest-growing vegetables that can be grown in containers. You can plant the lettuce seeds about 4 to 6 weeks before the excellent season’s end because lettuce grows well in temperate weather. Here is how you can grow lettuce at home:
- You can either sow lettuce indoors for transplanting or sow it directly into your garden bed. Depending on the plant variety, you can space the lettuce seed from 15 to 25 cm apart and 1 cm deep.
- Though you can grow lettuce all year, keep it shaded and harvest it in smaller pieces, especially during hot weather.
- The same plant lets you enjoy several harvests by snipping off what you need each time.
As long as we plant them in sandy, loose soil, carrots are the easiest vegetables to grow from seed. Spring and fall are the best times to grow these plants. Some carrot varieties are disease and pest-resistant, and carrots come in various colours. It is important to have soil that drains well and is loose and soft if you want a healthy carrot harvest. Here is how you can grow carrots at home:
- Till a depth of 10 inches while preparing a site to sow carrot seeds. Rather than transplanting, we recommend sowing seeds wherever you plan to grow them.
- Sow the carrot seeds 14 inches deep, two to three inches apart in rows one foot apart.
- Use frequent, shallow watering to keep the soil moist.
Greens and Herbs
Greens such as kale, arugula, mustard greens, collards, and spinach, and you can grow many others from seed at home. Though greens are best grown during cooler months, these plants need lighter shade during warmer months.
When it comes to herbs, there’s coriander, basil, mint, and the list goes on. Since it is a versatile herb, you can grow coriander quickly in your backyard or pot. Since cilantro germinates in 7 to 10 days, seeds work best for their growth.
Basil’s versatility makes it one of the easiest-growing and most amazing herbs. Though basil’s form is most beautiful during the summer, you can grow the herb anytime during the year. In addition, you can get fresh basil when needed by cutting the leaves since basil can regrow quickly.
You can make your dream of having your own garden come true by choosing easy vegetables to grow at home, even if you are a beginner. All you have to do is choose the right Easiest Vegetables to Grow in Garden and follow all the necessary instructions. We hope that the list of vegetables in this article will help you choose the right ones for your garden. Don’t forget to let us know if you found the article helpful!